November 30, 2023 - Aracaju, Sergipe, Brazil
Whats up Everyone!
Hope you guys have all had an awesome two weeks! My pday got moved to today because of transfers, so thats pretty chill. These last two weeks have been pretty dope so I'll tell you guys about that. Thank you to all of you who sent me birthday messages! It made a day that was hard so much better! I'll make sure to respond to each one of you today!
These last two weeks have been going really well with getting new people to teach and just talking to everyone. I've made it a much bigger goal everyday to try and talk to more people and it has really helped me. We've been able to find some really good people that I hope will progress well. It has also helped me a lot with my portuguese and I have seen myself progressing a lot, the Gift of Tongues is real and I am so grateful for it. We've been having a lot of good lessons with some good people who are really progressing and coming to church, so hopefully we can get them on date to be baptized! I think my favorite part of this though has just been talking to so many different people, it is so cool to hear their stories and learn about their lives.
Last Thursday was Thanksgiving which was kind of sad because I wasn't at home with my family, but we were able to teach some really awesome lessons focused on gratitude. One of them was with a family in our ward and we were able to explain the purpose of thanksgiving and then teach about showing gratitude to our Father in Heaven. It was super awesome and the spirit was super strong! This was a hard day, but it helped me to realize how many things I am grateful for. So I hope your guys' thanksgivings were awesome!
This monday it was my birthday, and it was awesome! At first I didn't really feel like doing anything, but then we had a really good day of teaching and finding new people. Each of the birthday messages really helped too! On Sunday night a family in the ward threw a little party for me with a super good cake and food. It was such a great blessing and I am so grateful to be in this ward with such awesome members. On Monday night our roomates threw a little party too when we got home that night. They bought balloons and a cake and it was great!
The rest of this week has been pretty cool as well. On Wednesday I said goodbye to Elder Barnard because he's going on home this week, so that was pretty sad, but big congrats to him for completing the mission. So for Wednesday I stayed with two other guys whos comps are going home and we were able to get some really good work done, even though none of us speak super good portuguese. That night we got transfer news and it turns out I'm leaving Santos Dumont to open an area in the interior called Sao Miguel. I'll also be training as well which is a super big suprise so we'll so how this goes. I'm super excited for this really cool new experience, but also a little bit nervous, but I know the Lords got my back so I'm just gonna trust in him
Quick Spiritual Thought:
2 Nephi 25:4
But I give unto you a prophecy, according to the spirit which is in me; wherefore I shall prophesy according to the plainness which hath been with me from the time that I came out from Jerusalem with my father; for behold, my soul delighteth in plainness unto my people, that they may learn.
I really like this scripture because it describes the gospel of Jesus Christ. It is so simple but lots of people like to complicate it. The Lord made his gospel simple to helps us learn and understand. I'd just like to encourage each one of you to keep it simple and do the little things. Through this the big things will all work out.
Sorry this email was a little long and all over the place, but theres been a lot going on. I hope you guys are doing well and would love to hear from you! I love you guys so much! Find ways to help others! Spread Love!
Elder Prince
Pics:
Letter to be read in 5th Ward Sacrament Meeting
Hi everyone back at home! I hope you guys are all doing well! It's awesome to be able to share a quick message with you today! During the time that I've been a missionary I've been able to learn a lot about the gospel and so much about our Savior Jesus Christ. I've studied a lot about so many different gospel topics, but the one that I have learned a lot about is The Atonement. It is such a great blessing that we have to have the Atonement. I love be able to teach people about the atonement and the joy and love that we can get receive because of it. The atonement allows us to make mistakes, learn from them, make a change, and become better. I love being able to teach people about Jesus Christ and helping them come to closer to him. There is nothing else I would rather be doing. I love you all so much. Find ways to serve others. Spread Love!




Comments
Post a Comment