October 23, 2023 - Aracaju, Sergipe, Brazil

Whats good everyone! Hope you guys are all doing well! Last week was transfers and my p day was switched to a different day, but its all good. I am staying in Santos Dumont, which I'm pretty happy about, and I get to stay with my trainer which is so clutch. He is a really good missionary with really good knowledge of scripture and the gospel, I still have a lot to learn from him and I know that the Lord really directs our assignments because I feel like this is right where I'm meant to be and I'm with who I'm supposed to be with. Over the last two weeks we have really started to progress and grow in this area which is super awesome. We have a much bigger teaching group now, and I hope that they continue to meet with us, sharing the gospel and love of Christ with them brings me so much joy, and has brought such a big change in my life. 


Other than transfers, nothing really big has happened in the last two weeks. My district is basically the same, but we got a new zone leader and he seems pretty cool. We also got a new roomate this week, and he is a brand new missionary. He's from Brazil, so he doesn't have to deal with the language struggles, but it is cool to see someone else doing what I was just doing. Everyone in the house is super chill and we just kinda vibe most of the time. 

Some really col stuff happened over the last two weeks though. One of the recent converts in the ward has a little sister who came to a family home evening with us, and she really liked it. She's a little bit shy and timid. but it was so cool to see her have so much fun with the other youth in the ward. We have started to teach her and she seems to really like us and what we are saying. We also found this guy named Erick who is super dope. Dude was super open to talking to us from the start and has been really interested in all that we have shared. He's also kept all the commitments and invites we have made to him which is super clutch. It really feels like there are starting to be some miracles in our area!

One thing that I have noticed on the mission is that you have a lot of time to think. There aren't a whole lot of things to distract you or take up your time. When your walking everywhere, you think a lot, when you study a lot, you think a lot. Sometimes I think about sports and home and my friends and stuff, but I've also thought a lot about the things that I am grateful for in my life. This has been super enjoyable for me as I have really recognized a lot of things in my life that I love and that I am grateful for. So this week I have a challenge for everyone: Take 5 minutes to write down things you are grateful for, and if its a certain person you're thankful for, tell them! This is such an uplifting and joyful thing to do and I hope you guys will do it!

Thats about it for this week though. I hope you guys all have a great week and know how much I love all of you! Spread love!

Pics:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 25, 2024 -- Estancia, Sergipe, Brazil

February 12, 2024 -- Sao Miguel dos Campos, Aracaju, Brazil

February 26, 2024 - Estancia, Sergipe, Brazil