October 9, 2023 - Aracaju, Sergipe, Brazil
Whats good! Hope you are all doing well, I'm doing pretty good. I had some problems with my email last week, so I am going to include a bunch of stuff from last week in this email. The last two weeks have been pretty solid, full of work and lots of walking. Portuguese is still coming along pretty well, it's kinda weird though because it feels like on some days I can speak a lot better than other days, but I am really starting to understand conversations, as long as I'm paying attention. Other than that, nothing else has really changed here, except that I got some kind of stomach bug this week which really sucked and so for like one day we didn't really do a whole lot because I was feeling like crap.
The work in our area is kinda tough at times so last week when it was conference I was super hyped. It is such a cool opportunity to hear the words of the prophets and apostles of God and be able to hear the things the Lord wants us to hear. I really enjoyed it and actually managed to hear every talk! Some of my favorite talks were by Elder Ucthdorf, President Nelson, Elder Gong, Elder Esplin, and Elder Stevenson. Please go read their talks or listen to them if you weren't able to last week! The messages they gave have such a strong spirit and are full of hope and love!
Other than conference last weekend, nothing else big really happened. We are really working on growing our teaching pool which is something important for us because this area is very big and there are a lot of members, but not a whole of people with interest in our message. This has been kind of difficult at times, but we are still working at it and will continue this week. However, It is such a cool opportunity to testify to the people we are teaching though. It is probably my favorite thing to do and is one time when I can really feel the spirit. We have an investigator that we have been making progress with named Henrique and he told us that he really loves our message and notices a difference in his days when we come and speak to him, which was awesome! The Lord really will bless our efforts!
Here are some things that I studied over the last two weeks that I want to share:
This is an awesome story of hope and gratitude during a really difficult time. It focuses on a message of helping others and being a light to others during hard times. This is so true and I recommend that you guys read it!
This talk is an awesome talk that focuses on leaving the past being and growing from the past. Elder Holland makes a point that we shouldn't judge people based on the past decisisons or choices that they have made. He also says that we should also leave our own past mistakes and decisions in the past. I think this is a great message and something that we could all do better at because we all make mistakes, and so there is no reason for us to judge one another because of our past decisions. This is something that I am trying to be better at with others and with myself.
3. On the Lord's Errand: The Life of Thomas S. Monson
This is a movie that I was able to watch during my free time this week and it is really awesome. It focuses on the life of President Monson and it was super cool to learn about his commitment to being a servant of God. I suggest it for all of you!
I also have two invitations for you guys that I got from my family. The first one is from my cousin, Elder Neilson, who is in Texas right now and he gave a great invitation last week to choose joy! This is so true and choosing to be joyful and happy makes such a difference and really can change your day, especially if it is hard. The other is from my grandma and it is to up your loving! This really is true! Look for ways to up your loving in everything you do!
So, really I'm doing pretty good! Learning and growing everyday! I'm also doing a whole lot better after being sick which really sucked. I'm so glad I've only gotten sick one time so far. I love you guys a lot and hope you guys have a great week. The Lord loves you too! I would love to hear from you guys and hear whats going on with you guys! Find ways to serve other this week! Spread Love!
Elder Prince
Pics:




Comments
Post a Comment