September 11, 2023 - Brazil
Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well! This week has been kinda crazy, but it has been awesome.
To start off, we had a devtional on Tuesday by Elder Gary E. Stevenson and it was awesome. It was super simple which I really liked, he spoke about the importance of Preach My Gospel in our missionary service and I thought it was a good reminder to study PMG often. It was so cool to hear from 2 apostles of the Lord in my time in the mtc. On Wednesday we packed like the entire day. We still had class which was kinda annoying in the morning, but our night class as awesome and our teacher bore his testimony and then said this awesome prayer for all of us, Great Stuff!
Thursday was crazy too! We had to wakeup at 3 am to get to the mtc travel office by 4 and then we took a bus to the train station, train to the trax station, and the trax to the airport. Checking in was super easy though because they have a specific area at the airport for missionaries to check in which was so nice, and neither of my bags were over 50 pounds, both were 48. I got some fire cafe rio in the airport before our flight to atlanta. The flight there was chill, but then our flight to Sao Paolo got delayed which kind of messed up the rest of our travel plans. We were in the Atlanta airport for like 6 hours and then got on our flight, but I got some fire chic fil a there so its all good. The flight to sao paolo was good but so long, I slept the whole way tho. I was so excited to finally get to brazil, but then me and my comp had to sit in the sao paolo airport for like 5 hours before our next flight which was tough because neither of us could speak could portuguese and we were both tired, and the sao paolo airport is so confusing to get around. Then we got on our flight to Maceio around 12 and the flight was chill except for everyone was speaking portuguese so I didn't really understand what they were saying. We got into the airport in maceio and met my mission pres and his wife which are some of the nicest people ever, they brought us some food from the lunch that we missed and it was so fire. Then we went to the mission office and met the other missionaries and our trainers. My trainers name is Elder Barnard and hes dope, straight dawg missionary. He's gonna get me right for the next two years. We slept at the secretaries house that night with like 15 other missionaries and then got up at like 4 in the morning saturday to catch a bus t my first area called Santos Dumont 2. Its a neighborhood of a city called Aracaju. It was like a 4 hour bus ride but I just slept the whole way. We got to our apartment at like 12 and got some fire rice and beans and chicken from one of the members. All the food is so good. We spend the rest of the day going out and meeting members of the ward and references. This area is so strong in membership and the ward is awesome, its small in size, but there are a lot of members. Each time we would talk to people I didn't really know what was going on but thats alright, were learning haha. Then on sunday we showed up to church and one of the refences that we got already pulled up, our first sunday here! The bishop had been talking to him already which was clutch. His name is Joao and hes dope, he loves soccer and seems like a really good dude. We also had a really good member meal on sunday and I got to share my testimony and a scripture with them which was dope. Then we went around looking for other references for the rest of the day and spend an hour on one street knocking doors looking for this one kid and we never found him. Its all good though because we set up like 3 other appointments with other people.
All in all its been solid so far in Brazil, I am super excited to get better at portuguese and be able to communicate better. I hope you are all doing well and know how much I love all of you! The Lord loves you! Again look for a way to help someone else this week! Spread Love!
-Elder Prince
Cool pics:





Comments
Post a Comment