September 4, 2023 - Provo MTC

What's up everyone! I hope you are all doing so well, and have had a great couple weeks. I've been doing well over the last few weeks. The MTC has been solid, but I am very ready to get out of here. This is my last week here, and I leave Thursday morning at like 4 am, so that's tight. I travel throughout all of Thursday and Friday and then get to my mission on Friday morning. I am super excited even though I can't speak very great Portuguese, it's just gonna be dope to be there. 


Other than the fact that I leave for Brazil this week, there isn't really a whole lot else to write about. Class is whatever and the Portuguese is coming along, I've been on my grind. Me and my comp go and play volleyball on the sand some days and other days we go workout. Life here in the MTC doesn't really change a lot, but that's alright. We had a devotional this week from Elder Godoy of the 70 and he talked about his conversion story and it was awesome. His wife also spoke about the power of the Book of Mormon which was also really good. We also said goodbye to our teachers this week because they have to go teach new districts because there are so many missionaries here, so we were combined with two other districts going to Brazil for this last week. 

On Sunday, we also had this really awesome testimony with our branch. Basically the whole branch leaves this week so we had so many people who wanted to share. It's been so dope to get to know these awesome missionaries and hear their testimonies, the spirit was definitely there. We also heard testimonies from missionaries from Japan, Tonga, and the philippines. 

Here's a list of good things I read this week that I want to share with you guys: 
Waiting on the Lord by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
This is one of my favorite conference talks ever. I have read it a lot. It focuses on having faith in tough times and having patience in waiting on the Lord to help you. I like to read it when I am struggling with different things.
Tears, Trials, Trust, Testimony by President Thomas S. Monson
This is a dope talk. It talks a lot about missionary work and the things that go into it. I read it because it talks about my 5x great grandpa Peter Nielson, but it ended up being an awesome read all about missionary work.
3. Ether 12
This is an awesome chapter of the Book of Mormon. Verses 4 and 6 are awesome for teaching about faith and prayer, but also the whole chapter is awesome!

I hope you guys are all doing so well! I would love to hear from all of you! Please continue to spread love and serve others! Love all of you guys!

Elder Prince

Final thought: 1 Nephi 9:6- 6 But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his words. And thus it is. Amen.

Pics!:
1- Me and Elder Wright doing laundry this morning
2- My dawg Elder Brown
3- Other dawg Elder Campbell
4- The fellas from the branch
5,6- Me with comp and elder waldron









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March 25, 2024 -- Estancia, Sergipe, Brazil

February 12, 2024 -- Sao Miguel dos Campos, Aracaju, Brazil

February 26, 2024 - Estancia, Sergipe, Brazil